Step 1. Select hosting service for your domain (a server will host connects your website to internet)
Step 2. Select hosting service for your domain (a server will host connects your website to internet)
Step 3. Select website platform (a platform which will manage your website content example WordPress)There are 3 most popular site building platforms (also referred as content management system CMS) as of now:
- WordPress (Easy and user friendly)
- Drupal (Popular with web developer & coders, requires experience in coding)
- Joomla (Similar to WordPress bt some knowledge of technical coding is required)
Out of above three website platforms, most preferred is WordPress, as it is not only versatile but also a beginner can easily use it. WordPress was used by more than 26.4% of the top 10 million websites as of April 2016. WordPress is reportedly the easiest and most popular website management in use on the web, supporting more than 60 million websites. (Source: www.wikipedia.com) It is popular due to its nature of open source means it is maintained by a big community of developers who keep on contributing or improving its features.
In HTML, Drupal & Joomla experience of coding is required; But WordPress is simple, easy, user friendly and absolutely free!
You are still thinking how to start? Let us facilitate you with the companies from where you can purchase domain name and hostingBest practices for selecting a domain name
- Try to match your domain name with your business name (though not necessary but at least try to take related name if not available)
- Try to match your domain name with your business name (though not necessary
but at least try to take related name if not available)
- Choose domain name with .com .net .org extensions, Top level domain (TLD) like .com .net .org .cc and geographic or country extension like .in .ca .us are considered best)
- Make the domain name short, catchy, intuitive, easy to remember, pronounceable and project it like a brand.
- It is perfectly fine if you want to use hyphen (-) in between domain name in case it contains multiple words.
- Also it becomes much easier to read the lengthy domain. Example www.my-flower-basket.com
- Do not buy domain name that includes or infringe with existing brand name or trademark.
- If your domain name is not available after different combination try to add a suffix or a prefix
By this time you have got knowledge of selecting best domain name for your business. Do not forget to do some brainstorming for best permutation and combination for your domain. Now let me take you through the domain registration websites. You can easily register a domain of your choice in range of $4 to $5 unless it is a premium domain.
Domain without web hosting is like car without petrol, so you require a hosting server to host or publish your domain on World Wide Web i.e. Internet. In simple terms web hosting service means you are getting storage space on a server to host your website content.